Kate: Writer of the blog.
Jason: Her husband
Eve and Mary: their Two Arty Daughters
Hugh: their Tidy and Tasteful Architect Son
Peter: the family’s Welsh Terrier
James and Aiden: next door neighbours
Russell Page: landscape contractor with team including Luke and Trevor, the digger driver
Alasdair: Head gardener
Steph: Assistant gardener
Rileys: builders and first owners of the Castle
Bullins: James’ family, now our next door neighbour
Bacons: family from whom we bought the house.
Harry Baldwin: who bought the house in 1902 and made the most alterations to the fabric, pulling down the back crenelated ‘wing’and greenhouses and building his dentist surgery.
Mary Baldwin: his only daughter, who lived in the house until the 1950’s when she split the garden and developed the stable block into her home. The Castle was then sold to the Bullins.
Denis Bacon: The former owner of the Castle, founder of the St Helen’s Historical Society and researcher into the house’s history